Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Some Strength

I had an emotional breakdown late last night, which was completely embarrassing. I hate when this happens. I get little to no sleep, but I can't help it. Everyone needs to cry sometimes I guess. Its actually proven healthy (or I will just keep telling myself that). My brother and Sophia helped me a lot. Than Brandon and Lana came and got me, to go on a drive. It was really sweet of them. We talked until 2 a.m. I was exhausted, but I needed their advice and to feel comfort. I rarely break down, but when I do, which was these past two days, it rains hard.
In Elder Bednar's talk Called "With Hand and Heart," I found a really inspiring quote that really comforted me.

"There is a destiny that makes us brothers (and sisters);
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own."
- Edwin Markham

I really liked this poem because it taught me that it’s okay to surrender and get help. We are never alone. I am there for them, I care about them, I try to help them and lift their spirits when they are sad. They repaid the price to me. I think friendship is a cherished thing.

Another quote I read in Bednar’s talk was this:

"When we treat people merely as they are, they will remain as they are. When we treat them as if they were what they should be, they will become what they should be."

-adapted from a quotation by Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

This really stuck out to me because my friends really see my potential and are always encouraging me to progress and see the better side in me. It would be hard if they treated me like I was upset and a mess all the time, because that’s all I would be.

I am just thankful to have close friends I can go to for comfort. Friendship is something no one can take from you and is something you would be lost without.

1 comment:

Lana // Blog Author said...

I have no idea how I never knew this existed... but I found it today randomly... and I remember this night.

I'm so glad it wasn't much longer before you met Westin!

You're the best and I love you lots.